Equipping your front room with the best AV receiver for music can quickly change your humble TV setup. Yes, you can buy the best and feature-rich TV on the market to get a good cinematic experience.
But if you want a device that can match the audio, an AV receiver is the best bet. AV receivers come with the functionality of processing audio and send it to the connected speakers. True fans of home theater systems can never underestimate an AV receiver.
But if you think that AV receivers are ideal for audiophiles, you are wrong. They are advantageous to anyone who enjoys watching an array of video presentations. A receiver plays a decisive role in amplifying the sound and acts as your system’s conductor.
And as the conductor of your TV setup, a receiver permits you to select your audio and video input easily. They amplify sound and provide a more theater-like sound effect. So let’s take a look at some of the best AV receivers you can buy nowadays.
Top 10 Best AV Receivers for Music 2021
1. Yamaha RX-V685 AV Receiver – Best Yamaha Receiver
In the realm of AV receivers, the brand Yamaha needs no introduction. For a long, Yamaha has been producing some amazing AV receivers. Well, the Yamaha RX-V685 is the best AV receiver for music. Yamaha has always divided their AV receivers into two lineups. The RX-A models and the RX-V models are the two prominent models from Yamaha.
- Unrivaled experiences; Boldly explores entertainment possibilities for an advanced home theater with...
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplay 2, Spotify connect and music cast multi-room
- Spotify, Apple Music via airplay 2, Pandora, Sirius internet radio, Tidal, Deezer, Napster, Qobuz...
Key Features of the Yamaha RX-V685 Receiver
- Fantastic Dolby Atmos Experience
- Comes equipped with a plethora of features
- Newly designed remote looks sleek
- Good built quality
But note that the RX-V models from Yamaha offer you good music and sound effects. The Yamaha RX-V685 is usually a 7.2 channel receiver, which has 90-watts of power.
Impressively, it supports Dolby Atmos and DTS X, which is quite commendable for an AV receiver. In terms of design, Yamaha has decided to stick with the same version as found in earlier receivers. The front panel is segregated into two sections, and the lower half sports a brushed aluminum look.
Also, the lower section comprises headphone output, input selectors, program selectors, etc. The center console comprises four big scene buttons, which makes it easy to use the receiver. There is also a USB port present with which you can connect external storage devices.
A glance at the back would reveal an array of HDMI ports and optical inputs. The Yamaha RX-V685 has a decent build quality and feels elegant when put together. It supports any imaginable format out there in the form of MP3/WMA/MPEG, etc.
What’s more impressive is that it comes equipped with 4K UHD support and Dolby Vision. Finally, the Yamaha RX-V685 comes with Alexa voice control integration, which is an added advantage.
2. Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver – Best home theater receiver
If you are searching for a new V receiver but don’t want to spend a lot of money, the Denon AVR-S540BT is ideal. The Denon AVR-S540BT is what most of us would term as an entry-level receiver.
- Make the most of your new 4k ultra HD TV. This stereo receiver delivers exceptional brightness,...
- Your favorite music at your fingertips - With a built-in Bluetooth, amp up your music from eight...
- Our easy on-screen setup assistant walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV,...
Key Features of the Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver
- Excellent sound quality at an affordable price
- Simple to set up the device
- The onboard calibration system is of great use
- Built-in Bluetooth
Despite its little demeanor, it has superior audio and video quality. And when the context is about looks, the Denon AVR-S540BT doesn’t attract much attention. Being the best AV receiver for music, it boasts of some versatile features. With the Denon AVR-S540BT, you get an elegant remote, which is fairly easy to operate.
Unlike the Yamaha RX-V685, the Denon AVR-S540BT doesn’t have binding posts for the connectors. However, this AV receiver has a good number of analog and digital inputs with subwoofer channels. On the top, you would find five HDMI inputs and one output.
This usually implies that this budget AV receiver supports 4K UHD video standards. All these aspects make this the best AV receiver for music listening. Interestingly, setting up the Denon AVR-S540BT is a breeze.
Connecting everything is pretty simple, and in case you face issues, the on-screen guide would assist you greatly. What’s more, all the speaker connections are color-coded, which assists the user in connecting wires. The Denon AVR-S540BT also has an onboard calibration system, which you can run after setting up the device.
3. Sony STR-DN1080 Receiver – Best surround sound receiver
The Sony STR-DN1080 offers you all the features required in a modern receiver. From Chromecast to multi-room music, the Sony STR-DN1080 ticks all the right boxes in terms of a quality amp. You get excellent sound quality for movies, which are always an added advantage. Moreover, the UI is easy to follow, and setting it up is pretty simple.
- CINEMATIC SOUND AT HOME: Enjoy your favorite TV shows & movies, stream your favorite music and more...
- PHANTOM SURROUND SETTING: Experience 7 channel surround sound with only a 5 channel speaker setup....
- ADVANCED AUDIO: DTS: X object based surrounds sound adapts to your speaker configuration in real...
Key Features of the Sony STR-DN1080 Receiver
- Easy to use functionalities
- Great sound production
- Plenty of connection ports
- Comes with a well-laid-out remote
With the popularity of soundbars, is the market of AV receivers on a decline? Probably no as soundbars are yet to match the features of AV receivers.
Being the best AV receiver for music , it appeals to new users as well as experienced ones. The design of the Sony STR-DN1080 is a bit blocky with a rectangular box having glossy strips. Another highlighting aspect of the Sony STR-DN1080 is that it offers Dolby Atmos and DTS: X at an affordable price.
It comes equipped with six HDMI inputs, which is quite great. This also means that the Sony STR-DN1080 is adept in distributing 4K video and surround sound easily. Quite impressively, you also get Wi-Fi and Ethernet ports to help connect the amp to the internet.
With online connectivity, the Sony STR-DN1080 offers you Chromecast and Spotify Connect. The Sony STR-DN1080 also allows you to control it via your Google Home speaker. The multi-room feature makes this AV receiver a great choice to have in your home. The only downside is that you cannot connect wireless speakers with the Sony STR-DN1080.
4. Denon AVR-X3600H Receiver – Best Denon av receiver
In the realm of home theaters, Denon is a popular name. Currently, Denon offers two types of AV receivers in the form of the S and X series. The Denon AVR-X3600H belongs to the higher end and comets equipped with a variety of features.
- Powerful 9-channel amplifier with advanced home cinema specs – 105 watts per channel deliver high...
- Advanced hdmi video section with eARC (HDMI 8 In / 3 Out) – Features 4K Ultra HD video, 4:4:4 Pure...
- Multi-dimensional audio – Features Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization, DTS:X & DTS...
Key Features of the Denon AVR-X3600H Receiver
- 9.2 channel receiver produces great sound effects
- Comes with an array of HDMI inputs
- Compatible with popular voice control platforms
- Features an array of wireless connectivity options
In terms of features and specs, the Denon AVR-X3600H is quite comprehensive. It has nine channels of amp unit with a power rating of 105-watts per channel. What makes it more impressive is the presence of eight HDMI inputs and three outputs.
With 4K video upscaling, it is the best AV receiver for music you would find in the market. This AV receiver is also adept at decoding the latest 3D surround acoustics. From Dolby Atmos to DTS: X, you would find a variety of supported audio formats in the Denon AVR-X3600H.
It also comes with advanced signal processing, which supports MP3 playback. The Denon AVR-X3600H also facilitates wireless connectivity via Bluetooth, built-in Wi-Fi, Apple AirPlay, etc. With the help of these wireless functionalities, you can access popular streaming services.
It is also compatible with Google Voice and Amazon Alexa, which is an added advantage. The build quality of the Denon AVR-X3600H is decent. You get a full-sized LCD on the front, which makes it popular among the present generation. The IR remote that comes with the Denon AVR-X3600H is well laid-out with the presence of soft buttons.
5. Pyle PT694BT Receiver – Best hi-fi bluetooth receiver
The Pyle PT694BT is a relatively new AV receiver with a 5.2 channel amp. Compared to other AV receivers in the market, the Pyle PT694BT is feature-rich and boasts of a wallet-friendly price. One of the highlighting features of the Pyle PT694BT is that it can provide you with 1000 watts of peak power.
- 5. 2 Channel: the Pyle 5. 2 Channel hi fi Home theater receiver is Perfect for Your Home...
- Bluetooth compatible: The Professional Integrated high Powered stereo receiver is equipped w/...
- 4K UHD TV Support: the AV digital amp box is equipped w/ 4K Ultra HD TV, 3D and Blu ray video pass...
Key Features of the Pyle PT694BT Receiver
- Available at a wallet-friendly price
- Boasts of a great number of versatile features
- Comes equipped with a front panel display
- Supports 4K video streaming
In terms of design, the Pyle PT694BT looks great and decent. The build quality is strong, unlike other AV receivers out there. This AV receiver is Bluetooth compatible and streams music wirelessly. What’s more, you get a sufficient number of HDMI inputs and outputs, which enables this receiver to stream video in 4K resolution.
On the other hand, the Pyle PT694BT also comes equipped with equalizer controls with a variety of mic inputs. Being the best AV receivers for music comes with dedicated controls for bass, echo, and treble.
To keep pace with the rising competition, the Pyle PT694BT comes with a digital LCD located in the front panel. This digital LCD renders a fair bit of sophistication to the AV receiver. If you are looking forward to buying an AV receiver for rough usage, the Pyle PT694BT is the best. This is because this receiver comes with IC over current and power surge protection mechanisms.
6. Denon AVR-X6700H Receiver – Best audio video receiver
The Denon AVR-X6700H is one of the very few 8K receivers you would find in the market right now. This AV receiver has exciting features, which make it the cynosure of all eyes. But apart from 8K, the Denon AVR-X6700H boasts of some solid specs that can’t be found in other AV receivers.
- UNMATCHED 3D REALISM FOR YOUR HOME THEATER SYSTEM – Enjoy Immersive surround sound with Auro-3D,...
- Enjoy high quality 3D audio & video knowing that AVR-X6700H IS 8K READY WHEN YOU ARE. This...
- NEXT GEN GAMING – Enjoy a smooth, lag-free gaming experience with spectacular imaging, reduced lag...
Key Features of the Denon AVR-X6700H Receiver
- Revolutionary 8K video rendering
- Can be integrated into home automation systems
- Boasts of an array of connections
- Easy-to-use interface
There is no denying the fact that the Denon AVR-X6700H is a future=proof sound amp that would stay relevant in the market for years to come. With six HDMI ports located at the rear, which can support up to 8K videos, it is the best amp you would ever get.
It is the best AV receiver for music and movies as it supports Dolby Vision, HDR 10, among other functionalities. And if you have a compatible display unit, the Denon AVR-X6700H can render 8K videos with ease.
You also get a front-panel HDMI input, which makes this receiver pretty futuristic. The rear portion of the receiver features an array of connections, including Ethernet and IR channels. The first time setup is handled well by the setup wizard that comes built-in with the Denon AVR-X6700H. Most importantly, Denon has added a new feature called presets, which work similarly to the speaker profiles.
Another great feature of the Denon AVR-X6700His automatic input naming that can identify the inputs. And if you want to integrate this receiver into your home automation system, the process is a breeze. In short, it is the best AV receivers for music you would find nowadays.
7. Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver – Best 5.1-channel receiver
If you are looking for the best AV receivers for music, the Yamaha RX-V385 should be your ideal choice. Not many years ago, the top-of-the-line features were present only on the high-end variants. From Dolby Atmos to DTS: X, there were many features that we could witness only in the pricier models.
- 5.1 channel powerful surround sound
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity. Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 100W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD);...
- HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 (4 in/1 out)
Key Features of the Yamaha RX-V385 Receiver
- Comprises binding posts for speaker connections
- Great and decent build quality
- Facilitates great audio performance
- Virtual and upscaling tech easily available
But with the launch of Yamaha RX-V385, these myths have been debunked successfully. The Yamaha RX-V385 is for those who want to enjoy a cinematic audio experience without the need to spend big. It is usually a 5.1 channel AV receiver, which comes with 70 watts of power.
One of the unique features of the Yamaha RX-V385 is that it has a revolutionary YPAO audio calibration system. On the other hand, it also comes with various extras like virtual cinema DSP, 4K signal support, and Bluetooth streaming.
The HDMI upscaling feature of the Yamaha RX-V385 is quite futuristic, not present in other receivers of this price range. Customary to all Yamaha receiver designs, the RX-V385 uses a glossy finish with a brushed aluminum look.
The top half of the Yamaha RX-V385 has a central display, which makes it elegant. Being the best sounding AV receiver for music, the Yamaha RX-V385 has got quality components inside. The low-jitter PLL circuit you get with this receiver is one of the best features to look out for.
8. Denon AVR-X2600H Receiver – Best 7.2 channel receiver
Denon has carved a niche for itself in the realm of quality AV receivers. Tonally fast and well-integrated, the Denon AVR-X2600H is an all-around powerhouse. It is capable enough to transform your living room into an exciting home theatre environment.
- Powerful 7-channel amplifier with the latest home cinema technology – 95 watts per channel...
- Advanced hdmi video section with eARC support (HDMI 8 in / 2 out) – features 4K Ultra HD 60Hz...
- Multi-dimensional audio – In addition to Dolby Atmos, DTS:X & DTS Virtual:X, the AVR-X2600H also...
Key Features of the Denon AVR-X2600H Receiver
- Features eARC HDMI support
- Easy to operate in case of new users
- Dolby Atmos supported
- Versatile features are its mainstay
Denon has managed to include an array of features in this receiver, which makes the device more appealing. The receiver boasts of a 7.2 design with 150 watts channel rating. One of the core strengths of the Denon AVR-X2600H is the user interface.
Even if you are a new user, you can quickly set up the device. The setup wizard can guide you effectively through the installation process. What’s more impressive is the fact that Denon AVR-X2600H comes with HDMI support.
It has got eight inputs and two outputs that make it powerful. The Denon AVR-X2600H also comes with Auto Low Latency Mode that provides gamers with compatible consoles. You also get HDCP 2.3 support with the Denon AVR-X2600H.
So as you can see, you get a host of features with the Denon AVR-X2600H that cannot be found in any device. You also get support for Amazon Alexa’s voice control, which is pretty responsive.
9. Sony STRDH550 Receiver – Best 4k AV Receiver
If you have an HDTV that produces poor sound, then the Sony STRDH550 is a viable option. Being the best budget AV receiver for music, it comes equipped with an array of features. In terms of design, the Sony STRDH550 has a minimalistic and clean design. On the black front panel, you would find buttons for accessing the radio setup. These consoles would also help you search for and connect to Bluetooth devices. You also get a dedicated USB port in the mini-jack connector for automatic calibration.
- 5.2 Ch, 725W A/V Receiver (145 W x 7 at 6 ohms).Input and output terminals HDMI Video In/Out...
- Enhanced use via On Screen Display and streamlined remote. Immersive, ambient audio with HD Digital...
- Supports high-res file playback via USB
Key Features of the Sony STRDH550 Receiver
- Very simple and easy to setup
- Comes equipped with a variety of connection ports
- Supports an array of audio formats
- Facilitates high-resolution audio playback
The Sony STRDH550 is a great receiver if you already have the HTPC functionalities. It can receive HD content from your other devices and reproduce it the screen with its surround sound and 4K video. What’s more impressive is the Sony STRDH550 can transfer 4K content from various OTT platforms like Amazon and Netflix.
Moreover, Sony STRDH550 supports a wide range of audio formats, which makes your life easier. This 5.2 surround sound receiver helps you get the most out of your movies and audios. The connections are easy to facilitate, which makes this device a great option.
The high definition inputs you get with the Sony STRDH550 are an added advantage. You also get good connectivity of high definition audio and video, making this AV receiver stand out.
10. Sony STRDH770 Receiver – Best 4k home theater receiver
If you are searching for the best budget 4K AV receiver, you should take a closer look at the Sony 7.2 Channel STRDH770. To be frank, the kit is a 7.2-channel model which has allocates 145 watts per channel. In other words, you would avail of a powerful cinematic experience with the Sony 7.2 Channel STRDH770.
- Exceptional, 7.2 Channel x 145W sound and build quality, 4 HDMI Inputs / 1 Output with HDCP2.2...
- Front surround sound technology, Bluetooth and NFC for easy wireless streaming, USB connection for...
- HD-Digital Cinema Sound for theater experience, Quick speaker set up with automatic calibration, DSD...
Key Features of the Sony STRDH770 Receiver
- Automatic calibration system makes it easy to set up the device
- Easily configurable settings
- Integrates seamlessly into your existing home theatre system
- An easy-to-use interface is an added advantage
Like all other Sony AV receivers, the Sony 7.2 Channel STRDH770 also boasts of a good design. But one may not like the presence of a large number of buttons on the receiver’s front panel. On the front panel, you would find four LED indicators for Bluetooth connection and other functionalities.
Overall the design of the Sony 7.2 Channel STRDH770 appeals to new as well as experienced users. Being the best AV receiver for music, it supports 4K video rendering as well as HDR. You also get DSD decoding, which permits you to listen to Hi-Res audio.
In terms of performance, the Sony 7.2 Channel STRDH770 would hardly give you any chance to complain. In case you are accustomed to the settings, you can tweak certain configurations to get the best performance.
The receiver offers Bluetooth and NFC connectivity, which is just awesome. The automatic calibration system onboard would help you to connect this device without any issues.
Things to Consider while Buying the Best AV Receivers for Music
Here are some pointers you need to consider while buying the best AV receiver for music.
Number of Inputs you Need
It would be foolish to buy an AV receiver that doesn’t support modern voice control systems. Always opt for those that support Apple AirPlay or Google Voice. Also, make sure that the receiver is able to accommodate other devices like Blue-Ray Players, PlayStation, etc.
Wired or Wireless Network Capabilities
Nowadays, you would find receivers with both wired and wireless network capabilities. Most users tend to opt for wireless connectivity in AV receivers. But it would be best if you always opted for a receiver that supports both wired and wireless network capabilities.
Be Attentive to Small Things
Well, it is understandable that buying a new AV receiver is exciting. And in this excitement, buyers often tend to overlook certain things. For instance, it is advisable to opt for surround receivers, which would provide you with seamless output.
Well, from the AV receivers, as mentioned above, it is normal to feel confused. But when you are buying the best AV receiver for music, you should properly assess your needs. If you want an affordable AV receiver, the Yamaha RX-V685 AV Receiver can be a solid option. On the other hand, you can also consider the Denon AVR-X6700H if you have an 8K device. Opting for Denon would provide you with various options too. Always choose those receivers that come with a large number of connection ports so that it is easier to connect all the devices. So get yourself the best AV receiver and avail theater-like audio and video quality.