If you’re looking for the best projector for outdoor movies, you’re in the right place. Why? Because we have reviewed hundreds of projectors to get the best movie-watching experience and listed the top 10 of them.
We took a lot of factors into consideration which you’ll find in our buying guide at the end. The reason for writing about 10 projectors for outdoor movies is to match the different requirements of our readers.
10 Best Projectors for Outdoor Movies in 2021
Overview of the Top 10 best projectors for outdoor movies of 2020
1. QKK Mini Projector (2020 Upgrade 4200Lux)
The QKK Mini Projector is better than the previous one in terms of longer lamp life and better aspect ratio. Moreover, the brightness level can be set high enough for clear viewing with its 2200 lumens.
- 🌷 Full HD 2021 Latest Upgraded Projector 1080P Supported - Our QKK 2021 Latest Upgraded Mini...
- 🌷 Highest Native Resolutions on The Market: QKK home theater projector supports 1920*1080...
- 🌷 Double USB Port Designed Projector - Cocerned about many customers need to use 2 USB flash...
Key Features QKK Potable Mini Projector
- It supports 1080P HD video and ensures true view with its 2000:1 contrast ratio and 16:9 aspect ratio.
- The LED lamp life is more than 50,000 hours which gives you years of durability.
- With intelligent cooling system, the projector performs efficiently and makes very little to no noise.
- The mini projector has HDMI, AV, VGA, and SD Card port so that you can connect almost anything to it.
- You can place it 1.5 to 5 meter away from the white screen and can have 32” to 176” big screen.
You can use this projector for gaming or watching videos inside your house. Also, you can use it for outdoor entertainment. It’s possible with its tripod stand, USB compatibility, smartphone connectivity, and great image quality.
With better contrast ratio and improved lamp life, you can expect 20% more brightness than the competitor mini projectors. Finally, you can just plug and play right out of the box as it has a built-in speaker.
2. YABER Native 1080P Projector For Outdoor Movie
You will love the YABER Native 1080P Projector for its ultra-wide keystone correction feature, higher resolution, more contrast ratio, and brighter image production. The numbers of its mentioned features will blow your mind when you see the price beside it.
- ❤[Innovative 4D Keystone Correction & Zoom Function] Our HD projector is the first projector...
- ❤[1080P Native Resolution (1920*1080), Support 4K Video] The projector with a real native...
- ❤[Hifi Stereo Sound & Latest Advanced Cooling System] The Y30 LED projector has built-in 3W dual...
Key Features Yaber Native projector For Outdoor Movie
- It has ± 50-degree 4D keystone correction facility for both horizontally and vertically so that the screen always stays aligned.
- The resolution this projector can provide is 1920×1080 with 6200 lumens brightness so that you can watch video even in daylight.
- Also, the contrast ratio is 8000:1 with 5 layers of special glass lens for sharp and clear image quality.
- You can rely on its sound system as it has 3W SRS dual-speaker sound system integrated within its compact design.
- It has advanced silent cooling system with 3 fans that ensures your lamp can provide bright light for more than 100,000 hours.
Moreover, this is a projector with 4 times more detailed image quality. This is possible because of its 5 layers of high-refraction glass lens. So, you can call it one of the best projectors for outdoor movies within a very reasonable price.
Moreover, it is always ready to support almost any device with its 2 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, 1 VGA port, and 1 AV port. The built-in dual speaker setup ensures that you don’t have to carry an additional soundbox everywhere.
3. ViewSonic Short Throw Projector
If you want a projector with great image quality and sound quality like theaters, you have to choose this one from ViewSonic. Till now, we’ve seen some great projectors but none of them can offer such audio quality.
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like experience in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen...
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive Color technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image...
- SHORT THROW: With a short throw lens, this projector can be placed just inches away from a wall or...
Key Features Viewsonic Short Throw Projector
- The resolution of this projector is 1920×1080 with a very high contrast ratio for sharper image quality.
- You can set it up against a wall or a projector screen just inches away and get the picture quality anyway.
- This device has all necessary ports like HDMI, USB Type-C, VGA, and more so that you can do gaming, stream videos, watch movies, and more.
- The advanced technology of this device makes it very durable and supports bright pictures with 15,000 hours of lamp life.
- It has an internal 5W speaker which can produce sounds ranging from 20Hz to 20KHz.
Also, it has automatic vertical keystone correction capability so that you don’t have to take the trouble to correct it yourself. With aligned display and reduced input latency, you can rely on this device’s display for high-resolution gaming.
You can expect 1080p full HD picture quality with 22000:1 contrast ratio, DLP projection technique, and 3000 lumens. Also, these features ensure a very bright image so that you can start your movie night early.
4. Wsky Video Portable Projector
Considering other features and functions, what stands it out is its 2 HDMI ports, a USB port, and a VGA port. With the help of a converter, you can connect your smartphone, tablet, TV box, etc. to it.
- [Support Dolby Audio]: The 2021 update projector adds Dolby sound technology, which aims to provide...
- [Super Clear & Bright]: Supporting 1920*1080p and 3000:1 contrast ratio. 16: 9/4: 3 screen size of...
- [Super Durable & Quiet]: The high-efficiency channel dual-fan cooling system combined with the...
Key Features Wsky Portable Outdoor Movie Projector
- With dual Dolby ATMOS built-in speakers, you won’t feel the need of an additional speaker.
- The aspect ratio is 16:9 with 2000:1 contrast ratio that ensures brighter and clearer picture.
- It has ±15-degree vertical keystone adjustment capability so that you can adjust the screen tilted display digitally.
- The heat dispersion and noise suppression technology makes sure of effective cooling as well as quietness while watching a movie.
Although it has dual built-in speaker, you can connect additional home theater speakers or other normal ones. So, you won’t have to compromise sound quality as well as don’t need to carry the soundbox everywhere.
Depending on your usage, you can get up to 15 years of lamp life which is more durable than some other parts of the projector. So, you’ll be able to watch 1080P videos for many years and enjoy the true color on a bigger screen.
5. BenQ MH535FHD Home Theater Projector
This is the most reliable projector on our list as you already know the reputation of BenQ. The MH535FHD doesn’t have very high numbered specifications like other projectors reviewed above but you’ll be assured to get the promised performance.
- Clear and sharp picture quality: 1080p 3D ready resolution renders a sharp image Only BenQ...
- Low lag For gaming: fast input response time gives you a smooth casual gaming experience
- Bright for any environment: 3600 lumens gives you the ability to watch in your living room or...
Key Features Benq MH535fhd Projector
- The lamp life is approximately 10,000 hours which can support you for 10 hours watching videos for 4 hours every day.
- You can correct the display with vertical keystone correction and has 1.2x zoom capability for quick and easy installation.
- The contrast ratio of this projector is 15,000:1 and has a resolution of 1920x1080p.
- The projector can create a maximum of 100 inches display so that you can watch videos and play games with a premium feel.
- It has HDMI, VGA, USB, and other necessary ports for maximum connectivity.
This is the brightest projector as it has 3600 lumens and can produce 1080p video quality. For its fast response rate and high picture quality, gamers love this one with bigger and better display.
The projection technology in this projector is used by all digital IMAX theaters all around the world. So, you’ll be experiencing theater-quality video. For using advanced technologies, this is a slim, stylish, performs better, and longer-lasting projector.
6. Optoma HD243X Projector For Outdoor Movie
You might want to declare this model far better than the previous one and you can. But considering price, performance, and overall functionality, we liked the previous model more.
- SUPER-BRIGHT: Enjoy an incredible 3, 300 lumens of brightness in any space such as a home theater,...
- STUNNING PICTURE QUALITY: High contrast (24, 000: 1), reference display mode and RGB combine to...
- LATEST DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY: The single 0. 47" DMD DLP chip by Texas Instruments enables very crisp,...
Key Features Optoma HD243X Projector
- To set it as a part of your home theater or plan for outdoor movie night, it has 3300 lumens maintaining ANSI standard.
- With 24,000:1 contrast ratio and a resolution of 1920×1080, you can be assured that you’ll be watching HD movies with the feel of a cineplex.
- The projection technology it has is developed by the Texas Instruments which uses one single 0. 47″ DMD DLP chip for stable and true HD display.
- As it supports 1080P video and has a 16-millisecond response rate, you can play all the latest games from your PC on a large screen.
- Its maximum image size is 301 inches and the lamp life is 15,000 hours which is enough to use it for many years.
This is another great projector from Optoma with high contrast ratio, more lumen count, and better projection technology. With a higher refresh rate, you can rely on the Optoma HD243X projector for high-resolution gaming.
Like the previous one, it has 3D video playing capability and has all necessary ports for all-rounder connectivity. Moreover, it has WUXGA technology for even more high-quality pictures. So, we highly recommend this one to you for both indoor and outdoor use if you can afford it.
7. VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector
The VANKYO LEISURE 3 is one of the best projectors under 200 for its great picture quality, durability, connectivity, and portability. On the other hand, it uses advanced cooling technology and noise suppression technology for quiet operation.
- SUPERIOR WATCHING EXPERIENCE: Leisure 3 Projector is Powered by MStar Advanced Color Engine. 2018...
- MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: VANKYO Leisure 3 projectors is fit for playing videos, TV series,...
- BIG SCREEN SIZE EXPERIENCE: It provides a watching size from 32” to 176” with the projection...
Key Features Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Projector
- It has LED lighting that ensures twice brightness than a usual lamp and more durability.
- After that, you can see clearly with this projector as its contrast ratio is 2000:1 which ensures true 1080P video quality.
- The projection distance of this one is 4.9 ft. to 16.4 ft. so that you can place it according to your convenience.
- You can project the screen with a size range from 32” to 170” which is good enough for gaming, streaming, or movie watching.
- Moreover, you can connect your smartphone with a converter cable without using any app.
Taking about image quality, it supports the resolution of 1080P and uses LED lighting. Also, the contrast ratio is very high and you can get a clear view with 40,000 hours of lamp life.
Weighing only 2.1 pounds and compact design, you can easily carry it. Regarding connectivity, it supports HDMI, VGA, USB, AV, TF Card, and TV BOX. finally, you can expect to have a built-in speaker, a carrying bag, and a tripod included in the package.
8. VANKYO Leisure 510 HD Movie Projector
With a slightly higher budget than the previous projectors, you can get a contrast ratio of 3000:1 with the VANKYO Leisure 510. A higher contrast ratio means you will get a clearer and rich video or picture quality.
- 【Brighter and Crispier Images】VANKYO Leisure 510 provides a native resolution of 1280*768 pixels...
- 【Outstanding Performance with Upgraded Features】 Upgraded cooling system prevents overheating...
- 【Omnipotent Connectivity】 For a compact device as VANKYO Leisure 510, it is compatible to PC,...
Key Features vankyo leisure 510 projector
- For brighter and clearer view, it has 4200 LUX and 3000:1 contrast ratio with a resolution of 1280×768.
- You can project up to 18 feet away and have a maximum of 230” projection size with this LCD projector
- Depending on the intensity of the sun, you can even watch pictures on the projector as it has a brightness level of 3500 lumens.
- It has vertical keystone adjustment and focus controlling capability for keeping the screen aligned perfectly to the center.
- The projector supports 2 HDMI connected devices, VGA, USB, AV, TF Card, and TV BOX.
On the other hand, you know how a projector gets heated and its performance decreases over time. To prevent that, this device has upgraded cooling system with effective and noise-less operation.
This projector is highly portable due to its lightweight yet durable build quality and built-in speakers. The dual 3W speaker configuration is capable of providing high-quality sound.
9. Optoma HD141X Home Theater Projector
Optoma HD141X is one of the best projectors under 500 due to its bright and crystal clear picture quality. Many manufacturers claim to have impressive brightness level with higher lumens but they don’t follow the ANSI standard.
- Screen Size Range: 66-inches from 8 feet; 107-inches from 12 feet
- 3000 ANSI Lumens
- Contrast Ratio: 23,000:1; Keystone Correction: Yes, Lens Shift: No
Key Features Optoma HD141x Projector
- The biggest screen size you can get is 107” that is achieved 12 feet away from the white screen with a minimum of 66” achieved 8 feet away.
- It can generate true HD image with BrilliantColor technology and supports 3D video from any source with 144Hz refresh rate.
- The contrast ratio is 23,000:1 which you won’t find in other projectors and this will give you an amazing image detail even on the largest screen.
- This projector uses DLP technology which is far better than other LCD projectors and its green by design.
- It has a 12V jack so that you can get the benefit of its motorized screen automation.
This projector from Optoma features 3000 ANSI lumens which can truly provide the brightness as promised. Moreover, it has a very high contrast ratio and it means that you’ll get sharper and clearer picture quality too.
This projector has 2 HDMI ports with MHL v1.2, 1 audio output with 3.5mm port, one 12V trigger, a 3D sync, and 1 USB port. That’s why you can connect any multimedia device to it.
10. Optoma HD39DARBEE Projector For Home Theater
This is an Optoma projector with the highest contrast ratio on this list of the best projector for outdoor movies. This feature is very important to view cleat pictures and videos outdoors. Also, you can count on it even in the daylight as it has 3500 lumens brightness level.
- DARBEE VISION IMAGE PROCESSOR: The HD39Darbee's proprietary DarbeeVision image-enhancement...
- Super-bright: enjoy an incredible 3, 500 Lumens of brightness for lights-on viewing in any room in...
- EASY INSTALLATION: Vertical keystone correction and a large 1. 6x zoom enable flexible placement in...
Key Features Optoma HD39DARBEE Projector
- The contrast ratio is 32,000:1 with a resolution of 1920×1080 which gives you the ultimate movie watching experience.
- It has a multimedia interface and MHL connectivity which makes it smarter in every way.
- The lamp life of this projector is 15,000 hours that can support you for many years without any complaints.
- It is compatible with 3D videos and you can play the video from any source you like.
- It has sRGB display profile which produces accurate color combination when you use this device with a PC or MAC.
It has DarbeeVision image-enhancement technology and a very quick response rate. This will give you an unsuppressed gaming experience without any lag. With flexible 1.6x zooming feature, you can place it anywhere you want.
For watching games or movies together in your backyard, this is a perfect projector for the budget. Including all other necessary ports, it has MHL connectivity so that you can connect your smartphone without using any third-party app.
Guide to Choose The Best Projector for Outdoor Movies
Choosing projectors for outdoor movies can be a tough task to complete successfully. But you can do it like a pro by knowing only 2 main parts discussed in this guide.
Consideration for the Projector
There are 2 projection technologies among many used in projectors for home theaters and recreational use. We don’t need to know much about the technologies. One most common technology is LCD which costs way less than the other technology. The other one is DLP technology which has much higher resolution and complex mechanism. Regarding the cost, we actually have no other option than to accept the LCD projectors. However, LCD is not bad if you are wondering as the technology has become mature and can give you the expected image quality almost like a theater.
After the projection technology, the most important factor for the best outdoor projector is its brightness. More brightness will allow you to watch a video clearly even in the daytime. But don’t expect for crystal clear viewing at noon. We’re saying that 3000 lumens or more will allow you to start watching the movie before it gets dark with shade. The highest brightness level depends on the price range of the projector.
After that, you need to consider the throw distance of the projector as it can make changes to your outdoor movie-watching setup. Or, you can buy a projector according to your setup. With a short throw distance projector, you can place it close to the screen and vice-versa.
The next important factor for best outdoor projectors is the resolution. You can also relate it with the pixel density count which will tell you how good your movie watching experience will be. Before buying a projector, check out if it supports 1080P video or not. Or, at least 720P compatibility will allow you to watch HD video without any problem.
We know that the lamp life of the projectors has improved significantly. So, traditional lamps should be replaced with the LED bulbs in your consideration. This choice-upgrade will give you 5 or 6 times more lifetime of the lamp. You may wonder why the lamp’s durability is important. It’s because the replacement cost of a dead lamp is so much that you’ll want to buy a new projector.
Consideration for Your Setup
At first, decide if you are looking for projectors for outdoor movies or indoor entertainment. For indoor use, you can go for low-budget ones with less brightness. But that will change if you are planning an outdoor setup.
After your setup is done, you should look for the connectivity options. Check out if the device that’ll connect with your projector supports HDMI, DVI, or VGA and buy accordingly. Also, USB compatibility will turn out to be very helpful in some situations. On the other hand, you can control the projector with your smartphone if it has an IR sensor.
Not all projectors come with a built-in speaker system. So, you need to set your preference whether you want one with audio or not. As the projectors with a low price range can’t ensure premium-quality sound, many prefer to buy a sound system separately. However, you’ll find some models on our list that comes with speakers and doesn’t even cost much.
The cooling fan of a projector makes some noise and you should take it into consideration. If you feel that you need a quiet one, you should choose accordingly. There are several models on our list that you’ll find very quiet and perfect for watching videos at night.
The final concern is the budget as one can’t buy a $1000 device with $200 in the pocket. You’ll see that we’ve reviewed the best projector for outdoor movies that cost well under 100 bucks. But for a higher budget with impressive features, you’ll find some models too. So, short-list the models that fall under your budget and pick the best one according to this guide.
We think YABER Native 1080P Projector is the best projector for outdoor movies. Here, we have considered durability, reliability, and image quality with a high brightness level. If you think the price is slightly out of your budget, you should stretch a bit because this is worth every penny.
However, if you can’t afford anything more than 100 bucks, you should buy the VANKYO LEISURE 3 Mini Projector. We haven’t seen a projector with this many features and quality within this price range. So, order today to get the best price before the stock runs out.