Finding the right projector for personal and commercial use is quite a tough task. It would help if you considered all the required attributes to find the best projectors under 400. The price happens to be quite a determining factor for many users. However, you cannot afford to skip the other additional features as well.
Given the current pandemic situation, it is practically impossible to enjoy movies at the theatres. But you can still enjoy the movies with your family and friends if you get the perfect projector. But again, given the number of brands and products available in the market, the selection procedure can be a little hectic.
Therefore, here are the top five models available in the market, along with detailed reviews for your reference. You can come across five kinds of projectors like LCD, DLP, LED, laser and LCOS. These are available at different prices in the market. These offer you a plethora of facilities to enjoy your video content without compromising with the quality.
Top 5 Best Projectors Under 400 in 2021
1. ViewSonic PA503W Projector – Cheapest 1080p Projectors
Rated at 4.5/5, the PA503W projector from ViewSonic is the best projector under 400 on the marketplace. The projector with its native WXGA 1280×800 resolution, user-friendly design, and a 200W lamp produces images at 3,600 lumens. The proprietary SuperColor technology through a 6-segment color wheel and dynamic lamp control provides for color accuracy.
- VERSATILE PROJECTOR: Advanced visual features ideal for use in education and small business...
- BIG SCREEN PROJECTION: Projects 120 inches from 15-feet 8-inches in 3600 lumens
- EASY SETUP: Simple setup and control; just plug & play your presentations, videos, and pictures.Lamp...
Key Features Of The ViewSonic PA503W Projector
- Projects 120 inches from 15-feet 8-inches
- 3,600 Lumen Brightness at 22,000:1 contrast ratio
- Up to 15,000 lamp hours
- 3D Blu-ray ready HDMI input
- 2W internal speaker
Additionally, the vertical keystone correction helps eliminate crooked and distorted image, while the ultra-low input latency provides faster frame-by-frame action. The culmination of all these qualities results in bright, colorful, and sharp images on the projection screen.
The projector offers five unique preset viewing modes providing the optimum settings for the different use cases that these modes are designed for. The projector switches to Eco-Mode and SuperEco Mode when left idle for 5 minutes and 20 minutes, respectively. The energy-efficiency features extend the lifespan of the lamp to 15,000 hours on average.
On the connectivity front, the projector is extremely easy to use. The projector can immediately be set up after unboxing through two easy settings – Direct Power ON and Signal Power ON. While the Direct Power ON sets powers on the projector when a power cord is connected, the Signal Power ON sets powers on the projector upon detecting a VGA cable connection.
The projector supports input from most media players PCs, Macs, mobile devices; and can display 3D images directly from 3D Blu-ray players through the latest HDMI connectivity technology. The price-performance of the PA503W makes it an ideal choice for small businesses and educational institutes.
2. Optoma S334e Projector – Best Projector For Business Presentations
Rated at 4.2/5, the S334e projector from Optoma is another best projector for under 400 for your reference. The S334e can project 120-inch SVGA images from a distance of 18 feet at 3,800 lumens. Sporting a 203W lamp, the projector can reproduce the Rec.709 color gamut – the international HDTV standard.
- PICTURE QUALITY: Designed for meeting rooms, classrooms, and other small-medium sized rooms, the...
- HIGH-BRIGHTNESS: Enjoy an incredible 3,800 lumens of brightness in well lit environments
- CONNECTIVITY OPTIONS: The S334e features an array of connectivity options including HDMI, VGA and...
Key Features Of The Optoma S334e Projector
- Maximum resolution of 1600×1200 at 3,800 lumens
- Supports 144 Hz rapid-refresh rate
- Supports a variety of input options including HDMI, VGA
- Up to 15,000 lamp hours
- 10W internal speakers
At a 22,000:1 contrast ratio, the 334e produces brighter white and richer black shades. The HDTV color gamut and high contrast ratio produce an accurate reproduction of cinematic color, which is bright and crisp on the projection screen. Additionally, it supports a 144Hz rapid-refresh rate producing smooth, flicker-free images.
The projector features vertical keystone support, which eliminates crooked and distorted images. The integrated 10W speaker delivers crisp audio to enhance presentation capability without additional equipment.
Upon inactivity, the projector switches to Eco+ mode and eventually powers off, reducing power consumption by up to 70%. The reduced energy consumption results in dimmer images and improves lamp life to up to 15,000 hours.
On the flip side, the projector can be instantly powered on within 100 seconds of powering it off. The S334 suspends video output to conserve energy when AV mute settings are enabled via remote control or network management.
The projector has an extensive array of connectivity options, including 3D Blu-ray disc players, 3D broadcasting, and gaming consoles. The 1.94 – 2.16:1 throw ratio and 1.1x zoom make the S334e a very viable option for use in small-to-medium spaces like classrooms and offices.
3. Anker Nebula Capsule Max Projector – Best Portable Mini Projector
Anker Nebula Capsule Max projector, rated 4.5/5, is the best 1080p projector under 400. It comes along with a pocket-sized, soda-can design. Built upon the predecessor Capsule projector’s smart design, Capsule Max unleashes the Capsule line of products’ true potential. The pocket-sized projector can project stunning 100-inch 720p images at 200 lumens, making it the ideal home entertainment device.
- HD Viewing: Cutting-edge DLP technology projects a vividly-detailed 720p, 200-ANSI-lumen image up to...
- Instant Clarity: Get an ultra-sharp, rectangular image from almost any angle in under a second with...
- Ideal in the Home: Stay entertained at home with Capsule Max's 100-inch image. Watch movies, take...
Key Features of the Anker Nebula Capsule Max Projector
- Soda-can design with a height of 5.9 inches and diameter of 3.14 inches
- HD DLP technology display at 200 lumens
- Dual-mode – projector and Bluetooth speaker
- 4 hours of local video playtime
- Android 8.1 support
Due to its significantly lower brightness than projectors of other form factors, the projector is ideal for use in extremely low-light environments. The projector features autofocus and built-in keystoning technology to produce sharp and rectangular images from any angle in less than a second. The 8W 360◦ speaker produces high-intensity audio for a truly immersive audio experience.
The wireless projector produces the miracle by leveraging the power of Octa-Core A53 Chipset, Adreno™ 506 GPU, 16 GB eMMC storage, 2GB DDR3 memory, and runs Android 8.1 operating system with Nebula UI. The projector is powered by a 9,700mAh 3.7V battery, which is fully charged in 2.5 hours and can deliver 4 hours of local video playtime.
Users can also download YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, and other similar services directly to the Capsule Max and enjoy binge-watching without exposing their eyes to the direct light. The Capsule Max also supports USB and HDMI connectivity. The smart design with a soda-can form factor and 200 lumens brightness make it an ideal companion for entertainment in-home and camping.
4. Epson VS250 Projector – Best 3Lcd Projector
Another excellent product to refer to is the Epson VS250 featuring at 68 among best-selling video projectors in the marketplace. The Epson VS250 portable projector produces vivid 30-inch SVGA images at 3,800 lumens of color and white brightness from a distance of approximately 30 feet, making it essential for everyday projection needs.
- More accurate, vivid color, even in well lit rooms 3,200 lumens of equal color and white brightness...
- SVGA resolution (800 x 600), ideal for projecting everyday presentations and graphics; Projected...
- F number: 1.44, focal length:16.7 millimeter, zoom ratio: digital zoom 1.0 ? 1.35, pixel number:...
Key Features of the Epson VS250 Projector
- Maximum resolution of 1400×1050 at 3,200 lumens
- 2W mono built-in speakers
- Supports 1.07 billion colors at a 15,000:1 contrast ratio
- Supports password protect function
- 28% power-efficient ECO mode
- Up to 6,000 lamp hours in Normal mode
The VS250 features 3LCD, 3-chip technology, and a lamp of 210W. These can produce bright images even in well-lit rooms at a 15,000:1 contrast ratio and faithful reproduction of up to 1.07 billion colors. The projector also adjusts corners independently, producing perfect rectangular images.
The projector features manual horizontal keystone correction and automatic vertical keystone correction for eliminating crooked and distorted images. Such detailed and advanced features make it the best HD projector under 400.
The projector features an ECO mode, which is a low power mode activated upon minutes of activity. The ECO mode consumes 28% lower power and extends lamp life by up to 4,000 hours.
The VS250 is easy to set up with easy image adjustment and convenient controls. The projector supports an array of input methods, including VGA, USB B, and HDMI. The projector also supports wireless projection from iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Android mobile device via the iProjection application. The VS250 also has the option to connect wirelessly with a high-speed LAN module to be purchased separately.
The faithful color reproduction of the Epson VS250, even in brightly-lit rooms, makes it essential for everyday projection needs, especially for small businesses and educational institutes.
5. YABER Y30 Projector – Best Native 1080p Projector
The last and the final product for review on this list is the YABER Y30 Native 1080P Projector. It is the first projector that comes along with ± 50 ° 4D keystone correction function. It ensures that the projected image is always a standard rectangle. Such features are also found in the best projector for the golf simulator.
- ❤[Innovative 4D Keystone Correction & Zoom Function] Our HD projector is the first projector...
- ❤[1080P Native Resolution (1920*1080), Support 4K Video] The projector with a real native...
- ❤[Hifi Stereo Sound & Latest Advanced Cooling System] The Y30 LED projector has built-in 3W dual...
Key Features of the YABER Y30 Projector
- Comes with high-refraction five layers glassed lens
- In-built 3W dual stereo speakers present
- Comes with an updated and advanced silent cooling system which runs with three fans
- Presence of SmarEco technology for minimizing lamp power consumption
- Three-year and Lifetime Professional Support offered by the company
You can conveniently adjust the screen with the remote control and reduce the sizes using the X/Y ZOOM function. The YABER projector comes with a real native resolution of 1920*1080, a remarkable 7200 lumens bright, and an excellent dynamic contrast ratio of 8000:1.
It produces detailed and sharp images from HD content without even downscaling or compression. And this feature is much advanced than what is generally offered by the 720p projectors.
This gadget offers projection sizes from 45″ to 200″ that depends on distance. The recommended viewing distance is 3M. It offers compatibility with Amazon Fire Stick TV, TV Box, Chromecast, PC, laptop, smartphones, and many more. Multiple connectivity options are also present to facilitate such possibilities.
You may also like
- Best Projectors Under 300 in 2021
- Top 10 Best Projector Under 500 in 2021
- Top Best projector under 1000 in 2021
- Top 7 Best 4k Projector Under 2000
- Top 5 Best Projector Under 150 In 2021
Frequently Asked Questions Best Projectors Under 400
Here are a few of the FAQs about projectors along with replies for your reference:
Q: Why Do You Need A Projector?
A projector is the best gadget to help you to enjoy a theatre-like experience right in your living room. It also helps you to project your assignments and dreams on the wider screen to your clients. If you want to find an affordable alternative to show images or videos to a larger audience, this one is the right choice for you. Make sure to find the best ultra short throw projector for such purposes.
Q: Will The Projector Hurt My Eyes?
No, projectors are rather better options for your eyes. As these produce enlarged images on wide screens, you do not have to stress your eyes.
Q: Can I Use My Projector For Watching TV Shows?
Yes, you can use the projector for viewing your favorite shows on your TV. Also, TV tends to have harmful effects on your eyes, unlike the projectors.
Q: Do These Projectors Require A Lot Of Electricity?
Typically the projectors use 150 to 180 watts per hour, which is around 300 on average. However, your electricity bills would depend solely on your usage and activity time.
Q: How Many Years Will My Projector Last?
Any gadget tends to last depending on the user’s activity and care. In general, projector bulbs can have a life till 2000 hours. But the products reviewed here offer you a much more increased life span till 10,000 hours as well.
Make a detailed requirement list before you start browsing the marketplace for shortlisting the appropriate product for your home. No matter how extensive your research is, you can still get confused with the availability of so many decent market options.
In case you want to find the best one at affordable prices, check out the review of YABER Y30 Native 1080P Projector 7200 Lux Upgrade Full HD Video Projector 1920 x 1080, ±50° 4D Keystone Correction Support 4k & Zoom, LCD LED Home Theater Projector Compatible with Phone, PC, TV Box, PS4.
But the one that conquers the market completely is the Epson VS250 SVGA 3,200 Lumens Color Brightness (Color Light Output) 3,200 Lumens White Brightness (White Light Output) HDMI 3LCD Projector.
It might be slightly on the expensive side, but the investment is worth it. You get outstanding features and excellent brand assurance. Also, vivid colors and sharp images will make the perfect ambiance for your late-night movie session with your family without any difficulty. According to the customer and expert feedback, this is one of the best projectors under 400 available in the market.