If so, then Lifeline is the perfect solution! Funded by the FCC, this service offers complimentary mobile phones to qualified senior citizens or low-income households.You may be asking yourself “how do I get these lifeline free cell phones for seniors?” To obtain one of these devices, individuals must satisfy certain eligibility criteria set forth by federal guidelines. With just a few simple steps you can start taking advantage of your new lifeline subsidized device today!
The Lifeline program offers a remarkable benefit for those with limited income or unemployment issues; free cell phones for seniors! Provided that you meet the criteria, anyone can apply to receive this amazing resource. In the upcoming sections of this article, we will explore how easy it is to take advantage of these benefits – let’s not waste another second and get started now!
What is the Federal Lifeline Program for seniors?
Embracing the motto of providing telecommunications services to all citizens, in 1985 the US government rolled out their Lifeline program. Specializing in offering discounted plans and outstanding coverage for those with low-incomes or who are unemployed, as well as seniors, this service is run by the Federal Government’s Universal Service Fund.
The Lifeline Assistance Program, run and maintained by the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), provides a free phone to individuals who qualify under the set terms & conditions.
The program has recently been expanded to include broadband services in late 2016. With FCC and US government approval, carriers and providers offer cellular services for those enrolled in the Lifeline program across all states, territories, tribal lands, and Commonwealths.
The FCC’s Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program was created to provide broadband services to individuals in need during the recent Covid 19 crisis. The Lifeline initiative, a government-funded endeavor started in 1985, has been revolutionary for cell phone access across the US—since its establishment 80% of citizens had access to mobile devices; that number is now up 92%, due significantly increased availability of free smartphones and affordable plans for qualified households/individuals.
Qualifying Requirements Of Lifeline Free Cell Phones For Seniors
To be eligible for the Lifeline phone program, seniors must meet certain standards. Those interested need to show proof of either participation in specific Federal Communications Commission (FCC) programs or an annual income level that meets established criteria.
Here are some qualifying Federally accepted programs:
- Medicaid or Federal Medical Assistance Program
- Supplemental Security Income or SSI
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
- Only the Free Programs of the School Lunch Program
- LIHEAP or Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
- TANF or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Section eight or known as Federal Public Housing Assistance Program
Qualifying By Income Status: If you cannot prove your eligibility for the Lifeline program, there are other ways to demonstrate that your annual household income is below Federal Poverty Guidelines. You must provide evidence that it falls between 135-150%, or lower, of the FPG. In addition to these qualifications requirements, there are some additional steps required before being able to use a senior’s free cell phone under the Lifeline program.
- If you fulfill the criteria for eligibility in the Emergency Broadband Benefit program, then you are eligible to apply.
- If you’ve received the Federal Pell Grant Award in this academic year, you’re eligible to apply.
- Thanks to the Covid pandemic, if you have experienced a substantial downturn in your business since February of 2020, you are now eligible for qualification.
- If you are without a job for an extensive period, the Lifeline program welcomes your participation.
- Are you aged 55 or older and receiving Social Security benefits? If so, then the Lifeline program can help you!
The eligibility requirements for the Senior’s Lifeline offer program are comparable to those of the EBB or Lifeline programs. Moreover, obtaining a free cell phone for seniors isn’t just limited to this option; other federally funded initiatives such as the Broadband Benefit Program also provide complimentary phones and exceptional plans.
How To Get Lifeline Free Cell Phones For Seniors
If you are a senior citizen aged 55 or more, applying for the Lifeline Program can be daunting. That’s why we have crafted this comprehensive guide to help you easily navigate through the application process of free cell phones for seniors! The steps are straightforward and simple; just follow them carefully and your Lifeline phone will soon arrive at your doorstep.
- To be eligible for the benefits program, you must meet certain requirements, including being a senior citizen aged 55 or older.
- Reach out to the Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (ETC) or the ETC you plan to use for the benefits program to initiate the application process.
- After selecting an ETC, you must comply with their procedures to become a member.
- Determine the carriers or state lifeline partners offering services in your area by selecting your residence location.
- You can apply for the program via the carrier’s website or by submitting a Lifeline application via email.
- Enter your location, ZIP code, or state to discover the services available in your area.
- Be sure to have proof of income status to establish your eligibility for the program.
- If you are applying through an FCC-approved program, you will also need to provide proof of participation in that program.
- Complete all required fields on the application, including your name, location, Social Security Number, and other pertinent information.
- The carrier or company will contact the Universal Service Funds Administration to process your application once you have submitted all necessary information.
Lifeline offers an incredible advantage for eligible participants, providing up to 9.25 dollars in savings regardless of the state they live in and 34.25 dollars if on tribal lands! Not only that, but subscribers are entitled to at least 1000 minutes per month or 4.5 GBs with 3G network speed – or even 1 TB monthly usage allowance along with 25/3 Mbps speeds! Furthermore, seniors can also reap Lifeline free cell phones for seniors just by signing up.
Top 3 Providers With Lifeline Free Cell Phones For Seniors
To help you make an informed decision, we’ll go over the top three Lifeline service providers and their available plans and devices.
Every carrier/provider offers unlimited features with free government cell phones so that you can choose the right one for your needs. Let’s dive in to explore each provider!
1. SafeLink Wireless
SafeLink Wireless is a lifeline free cell phones for seniors service provider, a partnership with USAC that allows coverage in 42+ states. It’s operated under the network of TracFone and provides cellular services as well as free cell phones to qualified participants who are seniors.
Thanks to this remarkable project, TracFone is currently experiencing incredible success with more than 20 million subscribers throughout the United States! SafeLink ensures that everyone has access to dependable telecommunications services regardless of their financial standing.
SafeLink proudly provides California residents with a comprehensive lifeline cell phone program in two distinct offerings: specialized plans for Californians and less extensive plans for those living outside of the state.
As a senior citizen aged 55 or more, you have the privilege to take advantage of both Lifeline and Emergency Broadcasting Benefit (EBB) programs thanks to SafeLink Wireless. Through EBB, low-income seniors can gain access to internet/broadband services at no cost. The outstanding benefits of SafeLink Wireless include:
- Enjoy seamless, unrestricted access to lightning-fast 4G LTE data across the country with unlimited domestic data offered by our plan.
- Stay connected with loved ones worldwide without worrying about call limits or text message quotas, thanks to the international calling convenience that comes with unlimited minutes and messages.
- Stay on top of the latest smartphone technology with a free government-issued phone from the most cutting-edge brands on the market.
- Tether your devices effortlessly with up to 10 GB of mobile hotspot access granted by our plan, so you can stay productive on the go.
- Make your calling experience more convenient with added features like voicemail and Caller ID visibility, included in our plan at no extra cost.
- Rest easy knowing that you can always contact emergency services like 411 and 911 for free, thanks to the complimentary calling access provided by our plan.
As a senior, you can receive complimentary air minutes for the initial 12 months after your Lifeline membership enrollment – funded by the Universal Service Administrative Company. And if it’s been up to one year since you enrolled in a Lifeline cellular plan, recertification may be necessary for renewal purposes.
2. enTouch wireless
Boomerang Wireless has recently been associated with the coverage of Verizon Wireless. This provider is an industry leader in offering Lifeline free cell phones for seniors, providing impressive 4G LTE service. For qualifying low-income households and elderly individuals, Boomerang provides complimentary senior cell phone plans through their Lifeline program.
To be eligible for this generous offer one must meet all of Lifeline’s requirements such as demonstrating a low-income profile – similar to other providers do when applying for their services.
To qualify for the program, you must abide by the requirements of the Federal Poverty Line. You may also apply if you can provide evidence that your family is participating in one or more FCC programs such as Medicaid, SNAP, and TANF.
Benefits Of enTouch Wireless Lifeline: enTouch wireless not only offers excellent features with free government cell phones, but it also has superb plans and features for residents of California. Whether you’re tribal or non-tribal, the advantages are clear:
- Eligible users can enjoy limitless talk and text without any restrictions.
- With its extensive 4G LTE data coverage, the service operates flawlessly across over 34 states in the US.
- You can receive up to 1.5 GB of data every month, with Californian residents receiving 4 GB.
- The service offers an impressive range of modern smartphones from top-tier brands.
- Qualified participants are entitled to EBB benefits.
- For a limited period, new users can gain access to unlimited data.
If you select the non-tribal plan, you will have a chance to win a Free cell phone. Additionally, if accepted, you can enjoy unlimited data allowances through EBB program benefits. There are two ways in which you may be eligible: FCC projects and your annual income profile.
3. FeelSafe WIreless
FeelSafe Wireless, a subsidiary of AirVoice Wireless, is based in Mississippi and offers Lifeline Free cell phones to seniors. With their powerful and reliable GSM network coverage reaching all across the United States, they provide comprehensive service throughout California, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania Michigan Mississippi Kentucky Ohio and other states!
FeelSafe Wireless is a subsidiary of AirVoice Wireless that provides Lifeline relief services. This service is powered by the AT&T network, one of America’s biggest cellular companies. With FeelSafe Lifeline free cell phones for seniors, you can keep in touch with your beloved ones during these difficult times.
To qualify for this program and receive LifeLine assistance from us as an elderly citizen living in the US, simply follow our registration steps!
Benefits Of FeelSafe Wireless Lifeline: GSM net standard technology is a great option for those without cellular access, particularly seniors aged 55 and older. Seniors on low-incomes can now get free government cell phones and services each month through FeelSafe Wireless Lifeline benefits program. The incredible advantages of the FeelSafe Wireless plan include –
- Enjoy limitless domestic calling minutes with no restrictions or caps on usage.
- Stay connected with your loved ones by sending an unlimited number of text messages.
- Access up to 2 GB of high-speed 4G LTE data bundle that is tailored to your location and compatible with your device.
- Customize your plan with supplementary minutes, messages, and internet access through top-ups starting at just 5 dollars per month.
- Rest assured that emergency services are always within reach with our 911 calling service, available exclusively to California residents.
Once you’ve exhausted your free benefits by the end of each month, chances are you’d like to continue expanding them. And it’s quite easy – with an unbeatable 10-cent rate per voice minute, text message, and MB data usage!
FAQs About the Lifeline Free Cell Phones For Seniors
What is the difference between Lifeline and EBB?
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) established two services, Lifeline and EBB, which provide cellular/broadband services to qualified individuals or households. However, while both programs are comparable in nature, Lifeline is an ongoing benefit plan compared to the temporal advantages granted by EBB.
Does Medicare provide free phones to the seniors?
Absolutely! If you qualify for Medicaid, then you are eligible to receive a no-cost government cell phone with full cellular services each month – long distance calls, texts, and data.
Does AT&T offer a Lifeline Free Cell Phone program for seniors?
Although AT&T has no plans to provide gratis cell phones to seniors, they do offer a Mobility plan that grants discounted device prices for qualified individuals.
Are there any free cell phone services available to a non-citizen senior?
In order to qualify for the free cellular services offered by Medicare/Medicaid, non-citizen US residents must possess either a permanent or temporary residency address in America.
What are the restrictions of Lifeline free cell phones for seniors?
In order to be income-eligible for this program, you must have a minimum annual household income of at least $17,226 in all states. However, the maximum amount of required annual income is $28,700. Additionally, households are limited to one discounted device and service plan per month.
If you meet the established requirements, then you can acquire a complimentary cell phone from Lifeline for seniors. However, be aware that various carriers provide Lifeline services to those who qualify. Prior to committing to any provider’s offerings, ensure that their network coverage and stipulations are suitable for your needs.
Leave a Comment