Rear projection screens require a sturdy and adjustable stand to position them properly for an optimal viewing experience. With the right tripod screen stand, you can angle the screen to reduce glare, raise it to eye level, and move it between rooms or events with ease. This article will cover the top 7 tripod stands that provide flexibility, durability, and ease of use for rear projection screens.
Top 7 Tripod Projector Screen Stands for Rear Projector Screens
1. Elite Screens Floor Rising Electric Motorized Screen Stand
The Elite Screens Floor Rising Electric Motorized Screen Stand is a top choice for larger rear projection screens up to 180”. This electric stand can raise and lower the screen via remote control, allowing you to dial in the perfect viewing height. The sturdy steel tripod base provides stability for screens up to 150 lbs.
- Supports screens up to 180” diagonal
- Electric motor raises screen up to 84” high
- Supports up to 150 lbs weight capacity
- Comes with IR and RF remotes for wireless control
- Steel tripod base with rubber feet for stability
This motorized tripod stand eliminates the need to manually adjust the height of larger rear projection screens. Control it conveniently with the included remote from your seating area.
2. VIVO Height Adjustable Tripod Projector Screen Stand
For more portable rear projection screen support, the VIVO Height Adjustable Tripod Stand is a great choice. It extends from 49” to 78” high to dial in the ideal viewing angle.
- Height adjusts from 49” to 78”
- Supports screens up to 135” diagonal
- Weighs only 14 lbs for easy portability
- Max weight capacity of 88 lbs
- Includes carrying bag for transport
With quick release legs and lightweight aluminum construction, this VIVO tripod stand can be set up and taken down in minutes. Extend the height to find the perfect rear projection screen angle in any room.
3. Pyle Portable Projector Tripod Screen Stand
If you need a basic, affordable tripod screen stand, the Pyle Portable Projector Screen Stand is a good option. At a budget-friendly price, it provides stable support for smaller screens.
- Supports screens up to 120” diagonal
- Extends from 48” to 84” high
- Weighs 19 lbs for easy portability
- Max weight capacity of 110 lbs
- Locking legs provide stability with adjustable angles
The lightweight tubular steel legs adjust to different heights and angles. Rubber feet ensure the stand remains steady on various surfaces. For basic rear projection screen support, the Pyle tripod stand gets the job done.
4. Mount-It! Height Adjustable Tripod Screen Stand
For heavy-duty support, the Mount-It! Height Adjustable Tripod Screen Stand holds large rear projection screens up to 200”. The steel legs adjust from 47” to 81” high.
- Holds screens up to 200” diagonal
- Height adjusts from 47” to 81” high
- Supports up to 176 lbs
- Steel legs with rubber feet for stability
- Carrying handles for easy transport
This stand combines adjustable height and a high weight capacity to provide flexible, sturdy support. Use the set screws to lock in your ideal screen angle and height. It’s built to handle heavier screens.
5. Elite Screens Manual B Floor Rising Projector Screen Stand
Another electric stand option, the Elite Screens Manual B Floor Rising Projector Screen Stand lifts rear projection screens up to 135” wirelessly. Raise and lower it anywhere from 12” off the ground up to 84”.
- Wireless remote adjusts height from 12” to 84”
- Holds rear projection screens up to 135” diagonal
- Supports up to 110 lbs
- Electric lift system for effortless adjustment
- Steel tripod base with rubber feet
The electric motor makes it easy to dial in the perfect viewing position with the remote. Steel legs and high weight capacity provide sturdy support for larger screens.
6. Mustang MS-STSPJR Mobile Projector Cart Tripod Stand
For maximum mobility, the Mustang MS-STSPJR Mobile Projector Cart Tripod Stand allows you to roll your screen anywhere with ease. Locking 3” casters provide stability when stationary.
- Mobile cart design with 4 locking casters
- Supports screens up to 92” diagonal
- Height adjusts from 42” to 70”
- Holds up to 80 lbs
- Integrated cable management
Roll this tripod stand between rooms or events with the heavy-duty casters. Keep your power and AV cables organized using the cable hooks and clips. It provides flexible screen positioning with easy mobility.
7. Orbamax Tripod Screen Stand
For tabletop rear projection screens, the Orbamax Tripod Screen Stand provides compact, adjustable support. The aluminum legs are lightweight yet sturdy.
- Supports screens up to 72” diagonal
- Height adjusts from 22” to 55” high
- Each leg extends from 16” to 43” long
- Weighs only 5.5 lbs
- Carrying case included for portability
The extendable aluminum tripod legs allow you to position small rear projection screens at the perfect height and angle. At just 5.5 lbs, it’s easy to transport to different locations.
Considerations When Selecting a Tripod Screen Stand
With a wide variety of tripod screen stands available, keep the following factors in mind when choosing the right one for your rear projection screen:
- Screen size – Make sure the stand is rated to handle the size and weight of your screen. Too small of a stand won’t provide adequate stability.
- Adjustability – Look for height, angle, and tilt adjustability to dial in the optimal positioning.
- Portability – If you plan to move your screen frequently, opt for a lightweight stand with easy setup.
- Durability – Heavy-duty steel stands can handle more weight and last longer through frequent use.
- Accessories – Stands with extras like carrying bags, cable management, and locking casters add functionality.
- Ease of use – Motorized stands that raise and lower the screen at the push of a button make it easy to find the perfect viewing height.
Finding the right balance of features, functionality, and cost will ensure you get a tripod screen stand that meets your needs. With stable, adjustable support, you can position your rear projection screen to provide the audience with the best viewing experience.vv