With the advent of an eclectic variety of cutting-edge devices or tools, human beings now get the chance to live happier, convenient, and hassle-free life. No more one requires stepping outside their home to watch a new movie at a theatre.
Owning a Vankyo Leisure projector model can let one stream the latest films online and enjoy the theatre experience right at their residence. Aside from home entertainment purposes, many use this feature-rich projection device at their offices for showing presentations.
Almost every Leisure series projector model that Vankyo manufactures has got multiple updated features. Many users believe that no other company except for Vankyo can make and sell such high-quality projectors at a budget-friendly price. Each projector model that is a part of the Leisure series supports 4K video, is equipped with Wi-Fi, and comes with a sizeable projection screen.
Most regard it as a cost-effective, compact, and portable projector with excellent sound. However, in this Vankyo projector troubleshooting guide, you will learn about several issues Vankyo projector users often encounter.
Reading this article thoroughly will help you become aware of the reasons that bring about these typical problems and simple ways to troubleshoot these issues effectively.
9 Vankyo Projector Troubleshooting Guide
1. ‘No Signal’ Issue While Connecting to an HDMI Cable
While connecting a streaming box to the projector using an HDMI cord, many users often see a no signal message. It means that the projector can’t find a digital source that it will project. There could be multiple reasons:
- Usage of a damaged HDMI wire
- Users haven’t plugged in HDMI cable correctly on both or one of the ends
- Damaged HDMI projector port
- Damaged HDMI port on a user’s streaming tool
- Inappropriate input on the projection device settings
Except for one, all are hardware-related issues. Hence, changing your HDMI cable or contacting an expert technician can help you quickly fix hardware issues and eventually the ‘No Signal’ problem.
2. Projection of Blurry Images
Indeed you will be in trouble when you find that the projector is displaying unclear and blurry images. Neither will you be able to watch movies with your family and friends at home on weekends, nor will you be able to show PowerPoint presentations at your workplace. Vankyo V600 native 1080P is the best mini projector under 500. However, many users have encountered this particular issue and also successfully fixed the same.
You, too, can resolve the problem efficiently and make projected images and videos sharper and clearer. Before shedding light on how to refocus the Vankyo projector, first learn about the potential reasons that cause this projector issue.
- The surface or screen on which the projector is projecting images isn’t smooth enough
- The lens of the projector is full of dirt and hasn’t been cleaned for a long time
- A user has forgotten to remove the lens cap
- A user hasn’t focused the projector lens properly
- Alignment issue between the projector and the projection screen or surface
Now, here’s how to fix the ‘blurry images’ issue and enable the projector to project detailed, clear, and sharp images and videos.
- Use a microfiber cloth to get rid of dust from the projector lens.
- Try to adjust the focus by slowly rotating the focus knob to reach a particular point where the projected image looks finer, sharper, and focused instead of blurry.
- Set up the suitable resolution and configure the same so that your PC or laptop’s resolution is as exact as the projector’s resolution.
- Make sure that the projected image or video screen size is small by default so that it seems brighter, sharper, and more detailed.
- Adjust the visuals using the Zoom function instead of shifting the projector too many times
3. Projector Isn’t Able to Play a Video File
It’s pretty obvious to feel frustrated when the Vankyo 510, which is the best mini projector under 1000, you own fails to play video files. You will get to view only a black box where you would expect the video to be. Manu Vankyo Leisure series projector users encounter this specific problem.
However, it is easy to fix such an issue. Many reasons are there that restrict the projector from playing videos. Before moving ahead, there’s something you need to take into considerations.
- You should always format the U-disk in FAT.
- Ensure the video format meets the exact product specification
- If two files of one particular video are downloaded from an iOS device, it’s expected that the projector shall be able to play one of the files.
Here are the reasons that may lead to the ‘projector can’t play videos’ problem.
- Setting up the projector improperly
- Usage of incorrect adapters and cables
- The source device can’t output video signal
- Laptop resolution excessively high
- The display driver hasn’t been updated
- The lamp of the projector flashing orange or red light
You have to make sure that you do not take any wrong steps while setting up the projector. You must check whether you have plugged in cables and adapters correctly into the right ports. Ensure you select the correct input mode for your projector.
Check whether your projection device is working with another laptop/PC. Instead of increasing the resolution of the laptop, try to set it at 720P or 1080P. Look for updated drivers on Vankyo’s official website and download the newly released versions. Change the projector lamp if you find that it burns out.
The projection screen is not square or aligned horizontally with the top and bottom edges.
Some home theaters have a projection screen that is not square or, that the top and bottom borders of its frame are not allied horizontally. So, when we place a home theater projector in its correct position but instead of a rectangular picture with a black border around it we see some letterboxes on the sides or gutter at the top and bottom even an important part of the image out of view. Or maybe you don’t get any image at all.
In this case, our installation process is going to be different from what we’ve learned so far because there aren’t four equal squares placed on each corner. In fact, there are several ways to solve this issue:
4. Keystone correction
When you place a projector in a room with a screen that is not square, the edges of its picture are going to be distorted. In this case, we should adjust it by using keystone correction or geometry correction.
The keystone option shifts the pixels in one direction or another so that they fit into squares that are bigger than they need to be and then crops them later. This is done digitally so that nothing gets cropped off permanently. Let’s see how to do it:
- Press the “menu” button on your home theater remote control
- Go to the “picture” menu :
- Select “aspect ratio”, then select the “keystone” option (for most projectors)
- Now press the “right arrow” key on your remote control repeatedly until you reach a satisfactory result
- When you’re done, simply press the <enter> button to save your settings.
5. Zoom option
If for some reason keystone correction is not available in your projector’s menu or misbehaves, there is another way to fix distorted images from a projection screen that is not square. That brings us back to our old friend zoom.
If you set up a home theater with a rectangular picture and then see black bars at the top and bottom what most likely happened is that means your projected image has been zoomed out too far. So, simply adjust it by going into options of aspect ratio and changing the zoom option to the left or right.
If nothing worked, then just try to place the projector so that the center of your screen is where you want it, check if it’s square with the top and bottom borders vertically and horizontally. Then focus each corner slowly until they all align, after having made sure they are even on both sides.
Black bars at both sides: this happens when your projector has a 16:9 picture aspect ratio but your projection screen has an aspect ratio of 4:3 , in this case also try positioning first before anything else. You can fix black bars by cropping off part of one side or you could change aspect ratios manually by modifying options for that purpose on your home theater’s menu.
Black bars on both sides but wider on the top: this occurs when your projector has a 16:9 picture aspect ratio and your projection screen has an aspect ratio of 16:10, in this case, you need to stretch it from top to bottom. By going into options for aspect ratios, select the “stretch” option instead of “fill” or “fit”.
In all cases
If nothing worked then maybe you have a barebones projector with no way to set its geometry. That might be an issue if you do not have enough room around it to shift the image laterally.
In that case, I suppose you could try standing up and walking around while carrying a measuring tape until you get the right spot. In this case, try to set up a home theater in a room which is big enough for you to place your projector at several angles and positions.
- For more information about geometry correction from home theaters: go into forums or Google .com and search “projector geometry” or “broken edges” etc.
7. Doesn’t Power on/ Shut off During Playing
If your projector doesn’t turn on or shuts off during playing, you should first make sure the power cord is plugged in correctly, if it’s not, simply plug it in. If this still doesn’t work check to make sure the breaker switch hasn’t popped; if this is the case then reset it and try turning on your theater again. You could also try unplugging every cord from your home theater and only leaving the power cord in which means everything else (cables and such) must be left out .
After doing this, press the power button and see what happens; if nothing happened its most likely you have a blown fuse or bad wiring. In that case, I recommend asking for a professional to fix your issue.
8. How to Change the Display Mode While Connecting to a Laptop
- Go to your projector’s menu by pressing the “menu” or “home” button on your remote control .
- Scroll down the menu and go into image options.
- Select a resolution from there and look at what resolution you are using, compare it with the one on your laptop.
- If they are not the same, then press “enter” or any other button on your remote, to switch to another resolution.
- Reboot your projector and laptop.
- If you are using a monitor instead of a projection screen, try using an HDMI cable instead of VGA cable.
9. How to Display PowerPoint on Projector
- Connect your projector to your laptop with an HDMI cable or a VGA cable.
- Turn the power on for both devices by plugging in the cables.
- After that, go into a presentation and press “start” to begin playing it .
- Hit “F5” on your keyboard and go to the properties area.
- Next, choose your projector from the list and hit apply (this will send your PowerPoint presentation onto your projector).
- Press F5 again and “Full Screen” should be highlighted; press enter after that.
- If you want you can also change the resolution on this mode by going into the projector’s menu and selecting resolution.
- After that, change it to your preference and hit “apply” on your remote to save changes.
- If you would like, go back by hitting escape or any other button on your remote control .
- To leave full-screen mode, press F4 on your keyboard.
Q: What is the difference between Bluetooth and Wi-Fi?
- Make sure that both your projector and the speakers are powered on.
- Go into a presentation and press “F5” on your keyboard once you’re at the screen with properties.
- Next, go to audio settings and pick which speakers you would like for sound output. In this case, it’s external speakers.
- Go into properties and scroll down until you find “audio hook”.
- Make sure it’s enabled, if not click on the box.
- Reboot your projector and laptop to make sure everything is working accordingly
Q: How can I connect external speakers, and does it support Bluetooth?
- If your soundbar does not support HDMI, then it must be connected via Bluetooth or a 3.5mm audio cable to your laptop and projector.
- If you’re using a monitor instead of a screen, use an HDMI cable and connect both your projector and laptop with it.
- To connect the speaker wirelessly, simply press the Bluetooth button on the speaker and wait for it to connect.
- The same applies when connecting your Bluetooth headphones, just press the Bluetooth button on your headphone and pairing should take place in seconds.
- This is how you can display PowerPoint presentations on a projector.
Q: How can I get rid of the overheating problem?
- Make sure that your projector and laptop are both turned off.
- Turn the power switch on, back of your projector to the “cooling” mode.
- After that, unplug the power cord from your wall socket and wait for about 10 minutes.
- Plug everything back in and turn the projector back on.
- Let it cool down properly before you can use it again.
Q: What’s the lifespan of the bulb? And the replacement?
- The bulb’s lifespan is about 8,000 hours.
- To replace the bulb, take off the back panel of your projector by removing all the screws on it.
- Then locate your lamp unit and remove it.
- Change with a new one and make sure you are using the same wattage as the old one.
- If you have any doubts about this process, contact your dealer.
- When everything is done correctly, simply put back all the screws and close the panel.
- Turn on your projector to make sure everything works accordingly.
- This is how you fix overheating problems.
Hopefully, this Vankyo projector troubleshooting guide has made you cognizant of the reasons that may cause these typical Vankyo home theater projector problems and ways to fix the same. Most Vankyo projector users encounter the aforementioned three issues. Know that you don’t need to stress as it’s quite simple to troubleshoot these problems.
Remember that before hiring a technician or getting in touch with the customer support team, you should check HDMI cables and HDMI ports on projector and streaming devices. A couple of things are also crucial to keep in mind – keeping the projector lens clean and dust-free besides setting up the correct resolution every time.
Also, do not forget other effective ways to bring an end to these projector-related faults. Invest in a Vankyo Leisure Series projector model. If it develops an issue, you know now that it won’t be challenging to troubleshoot the same.
Leave a Comment